Racing & Sponsorships

​Speed. Power. Precision.


​In the Heart of the Racing Capital of the World.

With our worldwide headquarters located in the Racing Capital of the World, motorsports is just part of who we are. We have countless customers who supply parts to race teams. Recently, race teams have seen the advantage of manufacturing their own parts and have invested in Hurco CNC machines to gain a competitive edge.

Read the latest racing posts on the Inside Hurco Blog
Hurco Racing Teams

Hurco is a proud sponsor of John Force Racing​. By any measure, John Force Racing’s domination of Funny Car drag racing over the last quarter century is unparalleled. Closing the 2018 season, JFR drivers all finished inside the NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Top 10 for the 33rd time in the team’s 34-year history.

The creation of the Force American Made (FAM) machine shop at John Force Racing (JFR) is a story about turning tragedy into triumph. (Read full story here).

Force American Made employs 24 out of JFR’s approximately 100 employees. The seven machine shop employees operate the team’s 17 CNC machines, with the latest additions to the fleet being six Hurco CNC machines: a 3-axis VMX30i , a 5-axis VMX42SRTi, a 3-axis VMX6030i, TMX8MYSi mill turn slant-bed lathe, and two TMM8i slant-bed lathes with live tooling.

FAM manufactures tens of thousands of parts per year that range from small consumable parts to super chargers, engine blocks and cylinder heads. Approximately 90% are 7075 and 7050 aluminum and the other 10% are Titanium Grade 9 (6AL4V).

Read the full story here

Team Hurco
CFH-Win-Race.jpgB2 Article
Rinus VeeKay  

Featured: Ed Carpenter Racing reveals Daly’s USAF B-2 livery for 2021

ECR and the U.S. Air Force have unveiled Daly's colorscheme that features a pattern of silver, blue and black silhouettes of one of the world’s most distinctive planes. The B-2, which first flew in 1989, went into operational service in 1997 and first entered combat in 1999 (Kosovo) remains the only stealth bomber type in the world.


​​Innovators West

Hurco is a proud sponsor of Innovators West, the Salina, Kansas, race team that brought home two IHRA Pro Stock wins in 2014. The first 2014 win was at the IHRA Spring Nationals where Innovator’s West owner and driver Brad Waddle defeated Kevin Bealko in the final with with a 6.412@220.66 to Bealko's 6.440@212.93. The team’s best time for the weekend was 6.365@222.33, a new career best 1/4 mile time. The Memphis International Raceway was the location of Innovators West second Pro Stock win at the IHRA World Finals where Brad’s best time for the weekend was a new career best: 6.303@222.36.

Innovator’s West manufactures high-quality SFI 18.1 certified harmonic dampers for street and race vehicles on their Hurco CNC machines: two TM12 lathes; two VM10 mills, one VMX64 mill, and TMX8MYS mill turn lathe.

The mill turn lathe has significantly improved productivity, according to Brad Waddle. “In one operation we went from a 7.5 inch x 1.5 inch piece of 6061T6 aluminum bar,” said Waddle. “This multiaxis machine with live tooling is able to perform the same processes that previously took three lathe operations and one mill operation - plus we are now able to engrave the numbers in the OD of the case. This new Hurco machine has allowed us to go from raw material to a finished part without the need for multiple machines and multiple operators. The operator can load the material, hit ‘go,’ and go back to running another machine. The machine runs nearly unattended for 8+ hours a day.”

Read the full story here

​​Jake Timm Racing

Hurco is a proud sponsor of Jake Timm Racing. The driver of the #49 USRA/USMTS Dirt Modified & Wissota/Super Dirt Late Model. A big sponsor, means big opportunity for local 21 year old, Jake Timm, as he will head out on the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) dirt track circuit thanks to national sponsor Hurco Companies, Inc.

“I was competitive last year in this national circuit, but to have the commitment from Hurco means everything in 2018,” said Timm. “I am excited to give them the exposure to fans that have a passion for dirt track racing and their sponsorship means a lot to me for a lot of different reasons.”
Timm, a local machinist, is referring to the fact that many folks that race, attend and have a passion for the national dirt track scene are skilled workers that have a relationship to the sponsor that goes beyond logos and tag lines. “As I travel from track to track, I meet fans and other racers and they are mechanics, engineers, CNC and other skilled trades people. I know Hurco and I know I can engage fans on their brand, quality and product. It’s like the perfect sponsorship for JTR,” said Timm.

Read the full story here
Jake Timm Racing ​​​