Please see the attachment for Checking Current Draws on a Hurco Machine Tool using Fanuc or Yaskawa Amps for Max II, Max 32, or Max 3 Type Machines.
Please open the attachment for the procedure to set up tool change height
Please see Attached Document for Set Up Instructions
This article applies to:
This article applies to:
Please see attached document to find cause of IR Module Fault on your Hurco Machine Tool using Siemens Servos
IR Module Fault.doc
To find out who to contact for support for your Dynapath/Autocon control or machining system, please see the attached file.
If you loose your oreint on your Hurco Machine Tool Product with Siemens Spindle Drive, please see attached document.
This manual is for the Autobend 7 control system:
Programming and Operations Manual for Autobend 7
Please see attached document bellow.
Please see attached.
For cutter comp programming hints please see the attachment.
Cutter Comp Tips.pdf
Please refer to the attached document.>> Click Here do open
How to check out a PM SERVO MOTOR on the AB5/C, 6 or 7 Controls:
1. Gain access to motor terminals. S7 gauge motor is under the left cover plate.S6 & S8 gauges are accessed from under the gauge housing. On LP gauges the motor is under the gauge in a metal housing.
2. Disconnect both motor leads. These are the two wires closest to the pulley end of motor.
3. Using a Digital Meter measure the resistance between the two terminals on the motor. Normal reading is 1 to 3 ohms. Readings of 0 or much higher than 3 are a problem.Rotate motor shaft and recheck in several places.
4. Check the resistance between motor terminal and motor case (frame).This should be an open circuit (infinite ohms), if less than 750K ohms this will cause failure alarms. Motion Error, Calibration faults etc…Rotate motor shaft and recheck in several places.
5. There are 6 brushes total in the motor. Four for the motor & two for the Tach.Pull motor brushes and inspect commutator, if burnt & pitted the motor needs to be replaced.Check brush length, if .25” or less, or if the edges are chipped, cracked then replacingthe brushes is an option. Part number for the brushes is 401 4002 003 this is for one brush.
6. If the motor assy. is 8 years or older we recommend replacing the motor assy. Part number is 001 2009 010, Motor Tach Encoder for AB6 & 7. 001 2009 004 for AB5/C
Copley AMP Check Out
7. On plug to rear left side of AMP. Top & bottom Pin is power in to AMP 60VDC at Main Power on
8. Same Plug middle two pins should have 60 VDC when Run Button is pushed!
9. Long Plug near front of AMP is control signals. This is Numbered Bottom to Top 1 to 20Measure Pin # 7 to 15 Should be +3.5VDC before RUN is Pushed. Should drop to zero when RUN is pushed. If no voltage before RUN is pushed then AMP is BAD. If it drops to zero volts and no LED and/or no output Volts to motor when RUN is pushed then AMP is BAD.
10. If it does not drop to Zero you may have a bad Motion Module or cabling problems
Any questions please call 1-800 638 1849
Directions to determine the source of
the Constant Beep
off the HURCO Switch is on the right side
of the Power box.
the Power box and on the Left side wall you will see the Main Computer Card (the Big one) at the top edge in the center unplug
the cable. Tab on each side of
connection push outwards to release.
unplugged leave it off and turn on Power.
Is the BEEP still present?
If so you have a failed Main board.
the Beep is gone, power down and plug the cable back in make sure the tabs go all the way up!
on to see if beep is back. If it is Back
Power off again!
the Back of the Control head. Find the Cable that comes from the keyboard.
(It comes out of a slot in the Aluminum plate left side low.
this from the small circuit board it plugs into. Power on again!
the Beep Gone? If so you need a New Key
BEEP is still present, power down again pull the cable that comes down the
Pendant from the Small board and power up.
Is the Beep Gone? If not then the
control harness is bad, if it is gone you have either a bad RUN STOP BOARD (the
small board) or one of the two push buttons have failed.
RUN STOP BOARD 415 0128 905
Stop Switch 404 3677 002
Run Switch 404 3677 001
Main board. 415 0124 500T
Key Board 405 3001 026T
Control Cable 423 0200 001
Any questions please call 1-800 638
SAFTEY FIRST. If in doubt PLEASE CALL. 1
800 638 1849
Installation of WinMax software requires you to have an administrator account, or with an account with local administrative privileges.
Note: your domain or local login username must be in here in order for you to be a local administrator. It's possible you will need your IT staff to help you with this.
Note: after you reset OptiClient, you need to re-option your desktop software again.
OptiClient will need to be reset using the command prompt:
Note: This will reset OptiClient. After you've reset OptiClient, you will need to re-option your desktop software again.
Option 1: You may need to completely uninstall and reinstall WinMax
Once you've rebooted, refer to the WinMax installation video to reinstall the software:
Option 2: Edit the permissions for the applications
Note:It may be necessary for you to temporarily disable your firewall or anti-virus software, as these can inadvertently block certain files and services from running when launching WinMax (Click here to watch the steps for this in the WinMax installation video)
Explanation: Most firewalls and anti-virus programs that are running on your computer will show up on your Windows Taskbar next to the clock. Most programs will allow you to right click on the icon and select 'Turn Off', or 'Disable'. If you do not see this option you will need to open the firewall or anti-virus software and disable it. If you need additional, detailed instructions on how to disable or turn off a specific firewall or anti-virus software, contact the software company directly.