The VM Series Value Proposition
The Hurco VM CNC vertical milling machines offer powerful machining with a compact footprint, and absolutely the best value on the market. These small CNC machining centers are the perfect combination of size and functionality. Designed to conserve space with the smallest possible footprint, the VM mills are loaded with remarkably big capacity, productivity and user flexibility.
Hurco’s Control Gets You from Print to Part Faster
Even though the VM Series machining centers have a single screen control versus the dual-screen found on the higher performance machining centers, you still get the benefit of all the powerful features that maximize productivity. Some favorites are listed below.
- DXF Transfer is the easiest and fastest way to get the part program into the control. Simply import the CAD image, select the desired features, and the WinMax control automatically creates the program. Eliminate data entry mistakes and save valuable time.
- AutoCalc automatically trigs out the missing information from a print. No trig or calculator needed.
- Program Interrupt stops cutting, retracts the tool, and allows you to jog any axis. With just two keystrokes, the tool resumes cutting right where it left off. Just like a true program interrupt button should behave.
- Concurrent Programming makes it possible to program the next part while the machining center is running another part without interrupting the cycle.
Technology never stops and neither do we. Hurco engineers continually find ways to develop software features that increase customer profitability. A few of the most recent control features are highlighted below.
Learn more about the award-winning Hurco control
- UltiMotionTM reduces cycle time by up to 30% while significantly increasing surface finish quality.
- UltiMonitorTM allows remote monitoring of your machine from any web browser. See the control screen or video from a USB camera at the machine.
- Absolute Tool Length allows tool setup to be independent from the part and machine, which means the tool information only needs to be captured once allowing the tool to be used on other machining centers. Facilitates the use of an offline tool presetter.
- Tool Change Optimization is a new feature that analyzes the part program and automatically reduces the number of tool changes by rearranging the program for optimal efficiency.
Benefit from Our 40+ Years of Experience
For over four decades Hurco has continually focused on the development of technology that yields measurable productivity improvements for our customers. Our years of experience provide us the knowledge to build rigid and reliable machining centers with the most powerfully simplistic, user-friendly control technology in the industry. Our experience has also allowed us to implement a unique business model within the machine tool industry that expands our global supply chain, manufacturing, and distribution capabilities. This proven system benefits our customers because we are able to ship our machine tools with shorter lead times than most competitors. Additionally, we are able to continue product development schedules and targeted technology growth even during difficult economic cycles because our efficiency promotes financial stability.
We say it all the time: we have the best customers in the world! Their endorsement is our greatest advertisement. The customers who invest in our VM Series of machining centers range from startup shops to large companies who find the VM vertical machining centers have the functionality they need for prototyping or tool room applications.
“Like many companies, I needed to find a solution to the small lot jobs many of my best customers wanted me to do. Breaking into my automated production machines was not cost effective and trying to run the parts with CNC knee mills was not labor efficient. I found that Hurco’s VM product line was the perfect solution.”
―Chris Nelson, ARC Technologies
“In the fast changing world of computer peripherals, innovative design is the key. Rapidly converting these designs into prototypes requires a high capability machine tool. When compared to the competition, Hurco’s VM machining center won hands down.”
―John Hoppe, 3D Lab
"We have been using Hurco for over 15 years. We found the VM [machining center] to be perfect for a number of repetitive jobs. We can set up five vises and/or fixtures on the long 50-inch bed, and we’re ready to do fast response turnarounds for our critical customers."
Read more customer success stories
― Paul Quake, Quake Manufacturing
We use the same rigorous design and manufacturing processes for the VM general purpose CNC machining centers as we do on our high end machines. This solidly built, one-piece machine base uses premium components, such as heavy duty linear rails in all three axes and pre-tensioned ball screws. Additionally, the linear rails are larger and wedge locked, which reduces vibration. All of the CNC mills have enough horsepower to get the job done and the cartridge spindle design simplifies maintenance.
The efficient design of the VM machining centers results in a machine with a small footprint and large work cube. Additionally, the VM mills are equipped with a 20-tool swing-arm ATC.
Coolant Through the Spindle (CTS).
If you’re doing deep hole drilling, CTS will pay for itself quickly with increased productivity and extended tool life. CTS is also recommended for pocket milling because you can cut faster and your tools last longer. Additionally, CTS provides cooling to keep fight heat dissipation, which helps to preserve accuracy. Hurco offers 300 and 1,000 psi CTS options.
Thermal Stabilization Package.
This spindle oil chiller is thermostatically controlled ward against spindle head growth. It is the most efficient way to preserve spindle life and preserve accuracy.
Hurco offers a Conversational Part Probing package with fully-featured conversational data blocks that allow you execute hands-free part and inspection probing, and full support of Renishaw part probing.
Renishaw Tool Probing.
Hurco has two compact yet robust tool setting probe packages for accurate measurement of tool length and diameter in a free spindle state or in rotation. The basic package uses a stylus touch application and the non-contact package uses a laser beam non-contact application.